Saturday, June 30, 2007
Helt otroligt, hur stark som helst - the Swedes have landed. My mobile rang while I was walking the high roof apex 3 floors up, paint brush in hand, ridge tile circus style, traversing each gable end, boiler suit tied by its own arms around my waist. This was an unsteady slip-hoofed ballet, performed for a passing Massey bringing in turf & the postman heading North into morning ground haar. Up on the roof I had become the fiddler without a banjo, the spectacle mime of a listing drunk, wrapped in concentrated navigation of a Glasgow curb line - the large print street brail equivalent of any homeward bound A to Z for the Buckfast-stuckfast & impaired.

Brrrr Brrrr!! : My arse rang just as I grabbed the southern chimney.

Hey! We are coming to Eoropie, show us the boulders man!

OK, I'll bail for the rocks & meet up. Somebody get me off this roof.
Is that cool?
Aye, but I havn't got much gear with me - I came up to work on this house.
It's OK man, we have lots with us... ropes & this things & more.
Niceage...I'll print a topo off... do you have a spare surf board?
Hahahaha!..

Why does everyone laugh when I request the loan of a random surf board?

Hardcore bouldering sessions are imminent. Some short fierce trad route repeats washed down with some Eoropie & Port Nis surf will follow shortly after. I'm hoping
Trace Element or something of a similar hefty nature will finally get a repeat. FFE or Grip Crisis maybe...
Must get back to finishing the endless harl & collecting more sunburn. Gniessian vertical antics will follow shortly. My Hebridean bouldering venues & trad lines seem to be fire-storming into Euro popularity recently, while our project Norwegian bouldering mecca is kept under wraps, via some well placed mis-information.

Här kommer solen! Det är dags, jävla suveränt!

Update 07,07:


An excellent new line named
Subbacultcha goes down, courtesy of da Swedes & at a stompy V11/12, or as they prefer, Font 8a/8a+. Feels spot on as far as the numbers are concerned, more importantly, an excellent sequence & a filled blank. The boys are strong...& lanky. Snyggt.
 
posted by ※Sgian Dubh ※ at 4:56 PM |


0 Comments: